Teaching Translation through STAD (Students Team Achievement Division) Technique
This research aims at finding out whether or not the use of STAD technique in teaching translation is effective to improve students’ translation ability at English Education Program, Faculty of Teacher Training and Education. The population in this research was fifth semester students in academic year 2019. The researchers use pre-experimental method with pre-test and post-test design, and translation test as instrument of this research. Then the researchers analysed the data by using Statistical Product and Service Solution (SPSS) program. The researchers conclude that using Students Team Achievement Division (STAD) technique to teach translation in the fifth semester students of English Education Program is effective. It is proven by mean score of the students in the post-test (80.20 (good)) is higher than mean score of students in the pre-test (68.87 (fairly good)). The researchers also found that the p value (0.00) on t-test is lower than α (0.05). It indicates that the alternative hypothesis (H1) is accepted and the null hypothesis (H0) is rejected. It can be concluded that teaching by using STAD technique is effective in improving students’ ability in translation.
Bell. (2011). A Framework for Translation Evaluation and Practice.Translation Studies Journal, 3(9), 75-86.
Brislin. (2010). Application of Lexical-Functional Theory in Designing an English-Persian Translation Machine. Literary Criticism Journal, 6(21), 25-47.
Cruickshank, D. R., Deborah, J., & Kim, K. M. (2006). The act of teaching. New York: McGraw Hills.
Ghozali, I. (2016). Aplikasi Analisis Multivariate Dengan Program IBM SPSS 25 Edisi 9. Semarang: Badan penerbit Universitas Diponegoro.
Gross, P. (1991). Teaching Learning Activity for Students at Senior High School. London: Harper Collins Publisher.
Hatim & Munday. (2004). Translation: An Advanced Resource Book. London: Routledge.
Nurjaenah. (2014). Developing English Vocabulary by Using Student Team Achievement Division (STAD) Method at the First Year Student of SMA Negeri 4 Palopo. Unpublished thesis Palopo. Palopo: Faculty of Teacher Training and Education-Universitas Cokroaminoto Palopo
Padang. (2014). Developing English Vocabulary by Using Student Team Achievement Division (STAD Method at the first year Student of SMK Analisis Mandala Bhakti Palopo. Unpublished thesis Palopo: Faculty of Teacher Training and Education-Universitas Cokroaminoto Palopo
Slavin, R. E. (2010). Cooperative Learning Teori Riset dan Praktek. Bandung: Nusa Media.
Suprijono, A. (2013). Cooperative Learning.Teori dan Aplikasi Pakem. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Copyright (c) 2019 Rahmawati Upa’, Muhammad Resqi Ridho
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
License and Copyright Agreement
Authors who publish with JSGP agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.